Workshop is presented by the PRSA-NCC Professional Development Committee, and will be held on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m.
The explosion of digital media marketing has reached unprecedented levels across the country. More and more communicators are leveraging online video content to sell products, tell stories and educate audiences.
- Tod Plotkin, founder of the Green Buzz Agency
- Nayna Sasidharan, multimedia producer, the Aspen Institute
- Chris Brooks, senior manager for digital engagement, Hilton Worldwide
- Eric Lofberg, senior audio engineer, NASA Television
During this workshop, presenters will show video samples they’ve produced to illustrate how you can move your mission forward through this powerful platform. Additional topics will include:
- Building a strategic video plan to bolster your toolbox and overall communications agenda;
- Optimizing web pages and increasing click rates through video;
- Cost-effective equipment in order to produce quality HD in-house content;
- The role video plays with the growing mobile landscape.
According to eMarketer, “digital remains in the driver’s seat” when it comes to advertising campaigns. The research firm projects $73.1 billion will be spent on TV ads by 2016. Michael Miller, author of YouTube for Business, says, “If done right, YouTube can provide a huge bang for your marketing buck. That’s because YouTube delivers a huge audience for very little investment. It’s a marketer’s dream channel.” Consider the following:
- More than one billion unique users visit YouTube each month;
- More than six billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth; and
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
Cost: $35 PRSA, WWPR and BPRS Members, $55 Non-members, $10 Students/Retirees
Location: Navy Memorial, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004; Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives (green/yellow lines)