Breaking stories like the Ebola outbreak, or annual milestones like the State of the Union offer communicators unbeatable earned media opportunities.
But how do the pros do it? And how can you quickly seize opportunities tied to big news stories to gain attention and awareness for your organization and its goals?
You will learn how to:
- Anticipate big news and insert your organization in the news cycle
- Win internal buy-in for jumping on unexpected big stories
- Break through the clutter when big news stories hit (or like the State of the Union) are planned, but with little detail in advance
- Utilize social media before, during and after big news to create awareness, and gain followers
- Show results and promote your efforts to internal and external stakeholders
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Time: 8:00-10:00 a.m. (networking, registration and breakfast – 8:00-8:30 a.m., program and Q&A – 8:30-10:00 a.m.)
Location: U.S. Navy Memorial (701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, DC 20004)
Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives (green & yellow lines)
- $35 PRSA & WWPR Members
- $55 Nonmembers
- $10 Students/Retirees
$10 more at the door