On Thursday, August 13, join PRSA-NCC for an all-day workshop that will teach you how to write more efficiently and effectively in today’s PR environment.
Writing is a critical part of a career in public relations, and a skill that can constantly be improved. This workshop will focus mostly on writing and editing news releases as well as “pitch” emails and letters, but these guidelines can be used in all PR-related writing.
The workshop will be instructed by Don Bates, founder of The Bates Company, current senior consultant with Gould+Partners, and writing instructor at New York University. Gary Nuzzi, of the D.C.-based, Adfero Group will also be instructing on how to better use digital content such as photos, logos and infographics. Attendees will work in small groups to analyze key aspects of writing samples you and other attendees submit for analysis, concentrating on more engaging headlines, subject lines, leads, and quotes.
This event will cover:
- To write more efficiently and effectively in today’s quick-time PR/PA environment, in which social media are fast dominating the communication landscape and the thrust of PR/PA responsibility and value.
- The new PR/PA and business writing formula
- Why strategic thinking and “snackable” content are the keys to success.
- New writing tools and techniques for getting target audiences to take more action on their behalf and your behalf.
- How to get the media to cover more of what you want covered.
- How to take charge of the PR/PA writing function.
The event will be held on Thursday, August 13th from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
$195 for PRSA & WWPR Members
$275 for Nonmembers
$120 for Students/retirees
Microsoft Innovation & Policy Center
901 K Street, NW, 11th Floor
Washington, DC, 20001
For more information and registration, please visit the PRSA-NCC website.