With most of us using our cell phones and tablets to keep up with the news, check email, and monitor social media, the ability to effectively pitch media and place our clients’ stories is crucial. On Thursday, November 19, PRSA–NCC’s Professional Development Committee will host a workshop focusing on Media Relations in the Age of the Mobile Device.
The workshop will be moderated by Aaron Cohen – President, Aaron Cohen PR, LLC, and will cover:
- What it takes to become a trusted source
- How to develop a unique, deeply sourced story idea that will get you to say yes
- Making great new contacts
- What digital assets will help journalists (and which annoy them); and
- What the rise of the mobile device means to communications professionals
- Gitika Ahuja Kaul- Coordinating producer, ABC News @gitgirl;
- Andrea Shalal- Defense industry correspondent, Reuters @andrea_shalal;
- Lenny Bernstein- Fitness and Health correspondent, The Washington Post @LennyMBernstein;
- Lisa Stark- National news correspondent, Al Jazeera, @LisaStark
- Eric Lichtblau- Justice department correspondent, The New York Times, @EricLichtblau
The event will be held on Thursday, November 19, from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.; and registration and continental breakfast will be held from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
$35 PRSA, WWPR & BPRS members
$10 additional at the door
U.S. Navy Memorial & Heritage Center
701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004
For more information and registration, please visit the PRSA-NCC website.