To stay relevant in the constantly shifting digital arena, public relations professionals must keep up with and master the newest communications technologies. In order to produce maximum results for clients, PR firms are integrating and consolidating practices and taking on roles previously reserved for marketing and advertising firms.
But, are all these functions operating in sync? Or are they in competition and struggling to maintain clarity and focus? Join PRSA-NCC to hear success stories from top agencies and in-house communications teams on how they have navigated through current technologies to create content. Danny Selnick, Senior Vice President, Strategic Markets, Business Wire will moderate the panel. Panelists include:
- Soren Dayton, Senior Vice President, Digital Advocacy, H+K
- Sara Wiskerchen, Managing Director, Media Communications, National Association of Realtors
Attendees to this workshop will learn:
- How public relations teams have successfully moved from just publicizing ideas to creating content that drives those ideas.
- How to deal with internal resistance for taking on new communications/marketing responsibilities and adopting new technologies.
- Why it’s important for firms and agencies to integrate different practices.
- What are the best tools to use to effectively communicate your message in this new age?
- How to correct the course if you start off in the wrong direction
Date & Time:
This event will be held on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.; and registration and continental breakfast will be held from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
Navy Memorial & Heritage Center
701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives (green/yellow lines)
PRSA, WWPR and BPRS Members – $35
Non-members – $60
Students/Retirees – $10
$10 more at the door
Online registration closes at 10:00 am on Monday, March 14