CONFERENCE, MEETING & FLY-IN COVERAGE
ENGAGING EXPERTS AND EARNING COVERAGE
Your experts are coming together for your organization’s meeting. You are announcing new studies or reports and want to present it in a way that is easily understandable. You want to get the news out to the media, while engaging your experts at the same time.
That’s where we come in. Since 1997, we have been successfully conducting on-site media relations at conferences, fly-ins, conventions, and meetings. We can take the work off your plate while you are attending to other matters at the event.
Our team will come on-site to your meeting and will:
- Facilitate radio media tour interviews, audio news release soundbite recordings and/or satellite television interviews
- Offer interview opportunities for your experts and/or confirm times to record their soundbites
- Conduct media trainings with spokespeople
- Important to note, we do not charge additional budget to come on-site at your event to facilitate the outreach
Your Experts Will:
- Be heard on local stations and networks in their home markets or your other target markets
- Bring attention to your meeting and the news
- Build connections with local reporters
- Do you have multiple spokespeople you want to use? Or, just one key spokesperson for the meeting?
- What service or services make the most sense? Radio interviews? Recording soundbites and pitching them? TV interviews? Or, a package of them?
- For example, a lot of organizations will do an RMT in priority markets and/or local markets where spokespeople are from, typically using multiple spokespeople; as well as producing an ANR at the meeting, to be pitched to the markets that weren’t able to do interviews, or not in the list of highest-priority markets
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Which type(s) of outreach you want to do, and we’re happy to help you determine what may make the most sense
- Background information & targeting details
- Contact information for your experts, including name, title, phone number, and email address
- Window of time at the meeting where interviews/recordings will take place
- Landline phones in a quiet room at the meeting to complete interviews/recordings
We’ll do the rest, updating you along the way, and making the experience at your conference or meeting seamless for you and your experts.
How They Did It: The American Public Transportation Association
The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) successfully utilized a radio media tour (RMT) and audio news release (ANR) from its annual Legislative Conference to reach reporters and its target audiences with the important message: we need federal funding for public transit infrastructure, and the proposed cuts by the Trump administration would be counterproductive to fostering prosperous communities.
Fifteen APTA spokespeople did over 30 interviews during a roughly four-hour window one morning. Local GMs & CEOs of transit systems did interviews back to their home markets from the conference, and a national APTA spokesperson spoke with national networks. The audio news release was distributed to newsrooms across the country who either couldn’t complete an interview during our morning window or were in markets without a local spokesperson to do interviews.
APTA secured a quiet room in the Grand Hyatt Washington, where the conference was taking place, designated for the radio interviews. Four landline phones, provided by the hotel, were utilized to ensure the highest quality audio for reporters conducting interviews. The News Generation team handled the logistics of the outreach that morning, ensuring everything ran smoothly and the interviews went off without a hitch.
APTA’s Legislative Conference “educates members on important federal legislation and policy initiatives; provides members with the opportunity to shape future industry positions and federal transportation policy; provides direction on the industry’s legislative strategy and advocacy efforts with the U.S. Congress and executive branch; and offers sessions with key members of Congress, Administration officials, staffers and Washington opinion makers.”
Check out our Broadcast News Resource page with APTA’s news.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“We are always looking for good local news stories, and News Generation has come through for us many times. I always listen to the pitches because the people there know what I am looking for.”
MATT COOK, NEWS DIRECTOR, GEORGIA NEWS NETWORK
“The professionals at News Generation are trusted partners of Communities In Schools. Their speed, efficiency, attention to detail and courteous approach make our spokespeople feel at ease. Most importantly, they generate real results and consistently demonstrate a great return on investment.”
STEVE MAJORS, COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS
“I’ve been working with Jeff and Susan for about a year now and they are always quick to respond and available for any clarifying questions I need…Overall, great company and people to work with.”
CARMEN VASILATOS, WE COMMUNICATIONS
“The News Generation team has been an excellent partner in coordinating and managing our radio media tour. They have been instrumental in prepping our speakers as wells as providing interview opportunities that amplify our messaging.”
NORIDA TORRIENTE, CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION
“Your staff is always top notch and great about following up. They are cordial and professional and listen to our needs, which is appreciated.”
BRANDON DICKSON, NORTH CAROLINA NEWS NETWORK
“I love the story angles you provide…you guys are always very current and set interviews up very quickly!”
MEGAN BISHOP, WOAI, San Antonio
“Working with News Generation is always easy. They are prompt to respond and are willing to set up a phone call or in-person meeting to discuss past or future projects. I would definitely recommend their services.”
KATELYNN WIGGINS, AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
“Really impressive & proven model consistently yielding super solid results. Takes risk out of radio.”
REGINA LEWIS, LLC
“News Generation helps us achieve our campaign goals and objectives with products and services that generate great results. Time and time again, our clients are pleased with the outcomes and the return on investment.”
HEIDI OTWAY, SALTERMITCHELLPR
“News Generation has great connections with radio outlets and their producers, owing to its professionalism and hard work, and that makes our radio news tours very successful.”
AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TEACHERS
“The Children’s Hospital Association has worked with News Generation for years to book its radio tours. The team’s strength in its contacts at radio stations across the country is a great asset in booking interviews for our spokespeople. They do a great job of preparing our spokespeople on the nuances of all types of broadcast interviews including live and taped. Their journalism background comes through in their translation of our messages. We highly recommend their services.”
NORIDA TORRIENTE, ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS, THE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION